Saturday, September 20, 2014

Carey's Office


We are making progress on Carey's office!  We finally got the photo wall up - at first we ended up with an "optical illusion" - even though the photos were centered on the wall between the corner and the bookcase, they looked like they were much closer to the corner. So I took them down and we just "eye-balled it." My recommendation is to take some time to "test it" before just assuming that taking measurements will give you the look you want. You can read more about our original inspiration for office, and how we created the photo wall here.

About her desk . . . When she showed me her inspiration photo I realized that I had just worked on a table much like the one in the picture. It was still in my studio,  and I was willing to swap it out for a different table. I had painted it a deep teal, so I just dry-brushed the legs a bit to get the greener color she liked.





















Remember her chairs from a previous post? I also dry-brushed the bookcases and added some colorful accents in her colors.



















It's been a fun little adventure!




No comments:

Post a Comment