Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Maximizing!"

This week I've been helping my daughter-in-law Carey with her new office. I'd have to say that one of my absolute FAVORITE things to do is to help someone create a "comfortable environment" that is a delight to the eye! I love listening to their ideas and looking at photos that catch their eye. Then comes the fun . . . looking for things to re-create "the look!"

According to StrengthsFinder 2.0, a Maximizer loves to "see potential in something or someone and draw it out" . . . Maximizing is one of my highest strengths. As a coach I love seeing potential in leaders and emerging leaders and drawing out the best in them. And as a designer I'm having so much fun "maximizing" basement, attic, and thrift store finds! I can just see the wonderful potential locked up inside a piece - and all the possibilities for giving it new life.

Today's project was to deepen the wood color on two chairs she found in one of the rooms at church so they have a bit more contrast.

BEFORE:



















Used a little Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (Graphite), sanded some  details, and finished with some dark wax.

AFTER:





















Stay tuned for more office creations!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment