Monday, August 11, 2014

Change it up with Color

I like variety. Changing up our home environment satisfies my need for change and brings me joy! I've found that a splash of new color lifts my spirits and brightens my day.

Early on in my decorating adventures I made the mistake of using color on expensive elements - carpet, large upholstered pieces, etc. But then I'd be "stuck " with that color for years! Finally I realized that if I kept my larger, expensive pieces more neutral, I could switch out smaller accents and change the whole tenor of the room in a matter of minutes. (Pillows, afghans, photo mats, etc. that I store in seasonal bins in the basement) Boy do I wish I had thought of that 30 years ago!

Here's a peek at our family room in several seasons.
#dodfamily room

Winter Reds:

























Spring & Summer Blues:



















Fall Oranges:


No comments:

Post a Comment